- Simply Orthodontics Success List
Download PDF to post at home: Orthodontic Success List
S I M P L Y avoid these for SUCCESS!Our goal is to provide you with a beautiful smile! What YOU EAT and DO is the key to successful orthodontic treatment.
Sticky - ChewyGum (Sugar or Sugarless) Tootsie Rolls Tootsie Pops Blow Pops Carmel’s Carmel Apples Gummy Bears Gummy Worms Toffee Starburst Jelly Beans Fruit Roll-ups Fruit Snacks Now & Laters Licorice Skittles
Hard - CrunchyChips Taco Shells Hard Candy Pretzels Jolly Ranchers Jaw Breakers Pizza Crust Suckers Popcorn Nuts (Food And Candy With Nuts)
Other Orthodontic "No-No's"Lip Biting Biting Fingernails Chewing On Pencils or Pens Tearing or Opening Things with Your Teeth Cookies (Dunk Them In Milk) Carrots-Apples-Cut Into Pieces Hard Breads - Tear Small Pieces Corn On The Cob - Cut Off Cob Meat - Cut Off Bone
Foods You Can Still EnjoyPeanut Butter Cups Pasta Cheese Yogurt Chocolate Use common sense!
- Hard foods: break or damage wires and brackets
- Sticky foods: get caught between brackets and wires.
- Sugary foods: cause tooth decay and related problems.
- Chewing on hard objects: break or damage your braces.