- Simply Orthodontics Success List
Download PDF to post at home: Orthodontic Success List
S I M P L Y avoid these for SUCCESS!
Our goal is to provide you with a beautiful smile! What YOU EAT and DO is the key to successful orthodontic treatment.
Sticky – Chewy
Gum (Sugar or Sugarless)
Tootsie Rolls Tootsie Pops
Now & Laters
Hard – Crunchy
Nuts (Food And Candy With Nuts)
Other Orthodontic “No-No’s”
Chewing On Pencils or Pens Tearing or Opening Things with Your Teeth
Cookies (Dunk Them In Milk)
Carrots-Apples-Cut Into Pieces
Hard Breads – Tear Small Pieces
Corn On The Cob – Cut Off Cob
Meat – Cut Off Bone
Foods You Can Still Enjoy
Peanut Butter Cups
Use common sense!
- Hard foods: break or damage wires and brackets
- Sticky foods: get caught between brackets and wires.
- Sugary foods: cause tooth decay and related problems.
- Chewing on hard objects: break or damage your braces.
Teeth move their best with the braces on the teeth.
YOUR HELP is the key to successful orthodontics.
Check your braces occasionally for anything loose or bent. If a brace or band comes loose, or you break a wire, it’s not a problem! Call us and we can fix it.